I had the opportunity to undertake an overhaul of the entire when the CTO and the dev team decided to centralise and share most of the codebase for every sport for both the server and the client.
We started by breaking down the entire product to the smallest possible level: user actions and information, before building it again from the ground up.
We then prioritised each item in terms of navigational depth, based on user need and usage data gathered from the live product.
We moved on to lo-fi wireframing the whole app (40+ screens/states) and creating flowcharts before jumping into prototyping the most challenging parts of the design.
This project also allowed us to give the game a new visual identity more in line with the current trends at the time – iOS 7 was about to unleash "flat design" upon the world.
We went from this (MLB version):
To this (NFL version):