Producing a dice-based survival city builder set on a mysterious ringworld.
Platforms: PC, Nintendo Switch — Publisher: Lightbulb Crew (at the time)
- I collaborated closely with DestinyBit's game director on the creative direction of the game, providing critique and in-depth analysis on all aspects of the game, design (gameplay, economy, ux, etc) or otherwise (visuals, music, narrative etc).
- We established the production plan (with expected features and content for each major milestone) according to our targets (platforms, timeline, quality, budget), and helped the development team prioritize their efforts accordingly.
- I provided support to the business and marketing teams planning various release scenarios (from Early Access to sim-ship Premium release on several platforms), informed by an extensive benchmark of competitors and industry best practices.
- Creating a truly developer-friendly, sustainable publishing strategy requires a strong commitment across the entire organisation. Building a trustworthy relationship and empowering game teams to deliver the best possible game, is hard, but very fulfilling work.
- Curating a great, coherent lineup of games requires more than data. Sometimes, you got to trust your gut. Rolling the dice on a small team with a short slide deck, a basic prototype but a strong vision can yield wonders.
- Establishing the vision for Lightbulb Crew's new publishing entity, and gathering feedback from our first partner, DestinyBit, to ensure that we were delivering on our goals.
- Selling the game for a profit as part of the developer's acquisition by another publisher, just a few weeks after we officially announced the game.
- Seeing the game win Most Original Game at Gamescom 2021